12.05.2008

Turkey, I mean Chicken time!

Since UT was playing A&M here in Austin, Ryan wanted to stay for the game. It was the Johnson familys turn for Thanksgiving, and we were very excited that Ryan's brother, parents and grandmother came for the feast! We had such a great time and I was so thankful that they came- especially Grandmommy! It was rough not being with my parents and not being able to cook them a meal, but Dad insisted that it was no biggie. I'll make it up to him @ Christmas when we go to Alto. So, about that "Turkey, I mean Chicken time" thing... well, since Ryan's mom hasn't cooked a turkey (she is totally a Great cook- I guess she just never learned how to do a turkey...) a nice lady from Cisco (Where Ryan's parents are from) made great chicken with dressing and gravy and homemade (I think it's disgusting any way it's done- so I didn't look @ it) cranberry sauce. We made all the other sides and stuffed ourselves throughout day. It was a great time! I'd post a picture--- but I am forgetting to break out the camera these days. Whoops!

No comments: