8.28.2009

26 weeks & I have a dinosaur egg in my belly!



Holy cow! My belly is one massive piece of art! It's shocking to see pictures of myself in the "condition" that I am in! However, it is also weird to see myself in old pictures when I am not pregnant. As you will notice, I have one heck of a protruding belly button! I tell people that if they push it, someone at Sonic just may in fact take your order. It's super weird!



This little boy is SUPER active! He flips and flops, punches and kicks, rolls and thumps all day long! Seems like a healthy little one baking in there! I know he loves my super spicy food that I still eat- he's going to come out wanting me to spike his bottles w/ Tabasco sauce! I have my next appointment on the 2nd of September, then I will start going every 2 weeks! THEN after October 14th (my last sonogram to measure how big he is), I will go every week! Wow, time flies when you're not barfing everyday. Speaking of... the barfing situation has definitely taken a turn for the better! I might only get sick maybe 1-2 times a week, yet still feel a little nauseated in the mornings. Overall, I feel pretty good. I should have no complaints.

I think I started a baby boom at work--- there are not 3 pregnant women at the bank! Fun times!

Gosh, we are super ready for this sweet baby to be here. We have the crib set up, but not yet the bedding... the armoire is ready to go... still need to get a chair/glider and a changing table/dresser. Still haven't decided on those last two items yet though. We've picked out and purchased the bedding. It is brown, green and blue. I HATE themes... mostly cheap looking themes like Dora the Explorer, Blues Clues, Buzz Lightyear, dorky sports or animal themes (yes, I know some of these last two can be tastefully done) etc... but we went with some bedding that has cute frogs on it.



Dad came in for a visit to Austin last weekend. We had a great time... we enjoyed the best BBQ in the world- SaltLick, went outlet shopping, watched movies, ate Italian food and had some good times. The Johnson's will be coming in tonight for the weekend. Again, we are going to go to SaltLick (yummm) and do some baby shopping. Fun times to be had!

I broke it to my brother that I need him to be there with me when I deliver if my dad can't make it on time. He was a little freaked out, but once I explained that I needed someone to represent the Mooney's, he understood. It means a lot to me that he is willing to stand beside Ryan & I (without looking down below!) as I deliver my first baby. It's a huge, tough pill to swallow to accept that my mom can't be there to support me like I so badly want/need... and the likelihood that my dad can get away on short notice probably isn't an option either. Sometimes I can't imagine doing this on "my own" without my parents, but I guess if that's the cards I am dealt, then that's the way it's going to be- after all, I have THE BEST husband in the world that will be there. I also have the best (and I'm not just saying that b/c I know they will read this blog) in-laws in the world (who only live 3 hours away) that will be here. Life is life... it is what it is... (sigh)



I know I am blessed. Extremely Blessed.

3 comments:

Shelly Law said...

awww! you look great!

Hooker Family said...

You look so cute! :) Glad to hear you are doing better and that everything is coming a long great!!

JamieZee said...

what about me?! I BETTER BE INVITED TO YOUR LABOR!