11.09.2009

36 weeks & I'll do anything to get this kid OUT!!!


I know when you just opened my blog and saw this picture you thought, "HOLY CRAP!"... "GEEEZ"..."*(*@#(&?!"... that's okay, I thought the same thing when I saw this picture.

It's venting time: I swear, people really have no filter. People have no commonsense. Some people are just morons. Nothing really set me off today... just thinking of all the strange looks, gasps and comments I have received over the last 8+ months. Ryan and I were walking into Wal-Mart on Saturday night when two females walked past us, one of them turned to the other and in a voice that a deaf person could hear said, "WOW, she's definitely having a boy!". Really lady? I never knew pregnancy was supposed to affect your hearing, because I sure as hell can hear pretty darn well. Daily, I have women (the species which should be more sensitive than the male) asking me "woooooow, when are you due?"... "you are done aren't you!?"... "gosh, I bet you are ready, huh?"... "it's a boy isn't it?"... Ladies, rude people, wipe that shocked and horrified look off your face when you hear how much further I've got... it's NOT okay to ask strangers rude questions, especially pregnant ones who already feel like a friggin' cow. Yes, my belly looks like I have a watermelon patch growing inside of me... you think I don't already know that? You think I haven't noticed the 30-35 pound melon hanging off my abdomen? I guess not. Women who have made similar comments like the ones above (none that read this blog of course!!!) shame on you. Other than the guy that said "Gosh, when are you due? Looks like that baby is going to fall out!" the men have been much nicer to me these past few months... probably because (God bless em') they know nothing about pregnancy. They usually have comments that every sea monkey carrying chick wants to hear like, "oh wow, that's not long at all! You're almost done!". Thanks boys.

I will be 37 weeks on Friday. I go back to the doctor on Thursday... if something hasn't changed, I'm gonna... well, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I've already asked my dad to send me some petocin today- which he refused. It was worth a try.

I'm getting sick of posting bizarre looking pictures of myself, so I'd really appreciate it if this sweet little boy with the last name of Johnson, would kindly, and gently make his appearance ASAP so I can post pictures of HIM! I know you can't wait either- I don't blame you! Just keep your negative comments to yourself! =)

3 comments:

alli zachry said...

I LOVE this Sara!! HA so true and HILARIOUS!!! You look great, and I sincerely and honestly mean it! I can't wait to see your precious little boy... and hear his name!! Anxiously awaiting his arrival with you :) Hang in there, he's almost here!!! YAY!!

Unknown said...

Girl, I am saying a prayer for you. I finally just quit going out and about because I had absolutely had it with all the rude people talking about how big I was - in front of me and within earshot! I came home crying and mad almost daily! The lady who sat at our table one day in the middle of our dinner to talk about how much it looked like I should have twins in my belly topped it off. You have lasted longer than I did!!

You look beautiful, and that baby will be more than worth it when you look into his precious eyes for the first time! I am ready to see his pictures!

Morgan said...

So funny! You know, the whole last two months I was pregnant, EVERY TIME I went to see my doctor, the nurses there told me the ultrasounds must have been wrong and that I must be having twins because it wasn't normal to be as big as I was. My last month, I got crazy comments from all kinds of strangers, including one woman who looked at me with her mouth hanging wide open and said, "WHOA...your belly is just inCREDible. I have never seen one that big!" I know what it's like...hang in there! I think you look great.