11.21.2009

38 weeks and black is no longer slimming...


Hummm, well I guess black doesn't help you look thinner when you're 38 weeks pregnant. Oh well. Just get this kid outta me and NOW.

I continue to be utterly amazed by the bluntness of people and their rude has heck comments. Last night, I told Ryan I wanted to go to dinner, but that I didn't want to go inside a restaurant because I didn't want to see people staring at me or hear any comments. However, I heard Ben & Jerry's has a new ice cream called "Cake Batter" so I wanted to give it a whirl. So, we ran into the grocery store before going to the P. Terry's (burger joint) drive thru. At the check-out the guy behind me said, "That's definitely a girl!" I said quickly, "Nope! It's a boy!" He said, "Well, I thought girls were carried low and boys were higher up, but maybe I have that backwards. Well, you've managed the keep the weight off everywhere else!" I looked at him and said, "Yup, just a basketball." Really dude? What were you going to say if I had gained weight everywhere else including my ear lobes? Then what? Were you going to say, "Wow, you've really packed on the pounds?!" Sheesh.

I see why God makes the end of pregnancy so completely miserable... because by the end of it, you don't give a crap how much delivery will/could hurt, you're just ready for it to be OVER. Well, I'm there. Thank you Lord for blessing us with a precious baby boy... BUT I'm done. I'm over it. I'm ready. Little boy, begin your decent and NOW. Come out, come out, come out!!!

No comments: