5.26.2009

Holy Cannoli, there's a baby in there!

Maybe we have a thinker... looks like Baby Johnson is scratching his/her head.
Flexible just like his/her mom! Trying to put that foot behind its head! Way to go Baby!

It's hard to believe that the baby was only 12 weeks when this sonogram was done. You wouldn't believe how much he/she grew in only 3 weeks. My last sonogram in Austin was at 9 weeks and it was still basically a little bean. But WOW look at em' grow! At the 12 week sonogram we were able to see: the four chambers of the heart, the fingers and toes, spine, eye sockets, nasal cavity, jaw, brain hemispheres, etc. Amazing. The technician said according to the myth, since Baby Johnson has a high heart rate, then it probably is a girl! Dad thinks we will be just as accurate if we flip a coin 10 times. I prefer hearing the myth. I've said from day one that I think it's a girl. All I have looked at is girl stuff. I would probably be pretty shocked if it turns out to be a boy. Of course we will be thrilled with a boy or a girl. As long as the baby is healthy and happy, we have no preference. But heck, girl stuff is much cuter!
Our trip to NM was fast and furious. We pulled into Roswell at 2am on Friday. Slept for several hours, went and got the sonogram, ate at Cecilio's, drove to Ruidoso to our cabin, went to dinner at Casa Blanca, slept, got our picture taken, and drove back to Roswell Saturday morning. Saturday we went to dinner with Meg and Josh and hung out at their house with Hogan (the amazing labradoodle). Sunday we mainly hung out and then went back to Meg & Josh's for tacos! AND we got to see Aspen, Chad and Marci--- yay!!!
The weekend was wonderful, but went by WAY too fast as usual. I hate leaving and saying good-bye to my parents. Being so far away is really hard and I don't think it gets any easier. It's just not fun.
Good news, and I say it quietly so it doesn't decide to play a trick on me..... but I think the nausea is starting to make its way out the door! YAY! Still barfing every morning, but after that, I am feeling much better early/mid morning.
All looks well and healthy with the baby. Thank you for your prayers, keep em' coming.

No comments: