5.14.2009

11 weeks and I'm over it

Well, so it hasn't been the best couple of days.

I reached my breaking point this morning. The gates opened and the tears began. I am so, so, so sick of barfing. I am sick of waking up and the first thing that runs through my mind is, "Toilet!" Not cool people, not cool. Never is it fun to carry a styrofoam cup in the elevator at work, just in case I have a barf between the car and the office. Sorry for the gory details, but today, after my 2nd barf (all before 7:30am) I looked in the toilet at my "barf" which mainly consists of the nasty stuff, bile. Well, let's just say there will be NO yellow in the baby's room. I am sick of seeing that color. Everytime I see that bright yellow, I think of my barf in the toilet that morning. Nice picture, isn't it?

Just got off the phone with Dad and he reminded me that, yes this part stinks, it really stinks, but there are so many people out there that can't even get pregnant. I am thankful that it was "easy" for us and things are going well. We are SO thankful. But, this still stinks right now and I'm still praying for December. I always thought pregnancy would be fun. I'd be skipping around saying, "Fa, la, la, la, la". Hummm, no. Not gonna happen. Not today, not tomorrow. I am just a ball of fun this week, aren't I? Due to my 6+ weeks of barfing, I haven't gained a single pound, maybe even lost a couple, but mainly maintained my weight. I hope I don't turn into an Ox come month 7 or 8.

Enough about me. The baby weighs a third an ounce... which is about two sugar packets. And he/she is about 2 inches long... as long one of those sugar packets! Vital organs have formed and are functioning. The nails beds are beginning to grow this week- crazy! Individual fingers and toes are forming this week too! Although we won't know the gender for several more weeks, ovaries or testes are formed. Interesting. Isn't it amazing what God can form INSIDE a woman's body?!

Next weekend we are off to NM for Memorial Weekend with the Mooney's. Super excited!!! I will be 12 weeks and will get a sonogram at my dad's office. I'll be sure to post the picture! Unfortunately, it will still be too early to tell the sex, but I am sure going to make them try!

Until next time, I'm praying this nausea is on it's way out the door...

1 comment:

Arica Day said...

awwwww
that little packet of sugar is going to be sooo cute!