5.04.2009

Oh! Which one to pick???

And this is the story of a new life...literally.

On March 27th, I walked up to Ryan holding these two outfits. And this is how the story goes...
Sara said, "So, what's it going to be? UT or Texas Tech?!"
Ryan said, "For who? Melissa?" (Melissa is his cousin who is pregnant)
I said, "No Silly, for us!"
Ryan said, "Why!??"
Sara, "B/c I'm pregnant!"

It took Ryan a minute or two to snap back to reality and realize what I really was saying. Our little one is due December 4th, 2009. I am going on 10 weeks of pregnancy.... being super sick for the last 5+ weeks of it. People keep saying it will end soon, but I'm just not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Is it bad that I am ready for it to be over already? I told me dad already, "pregnancy is NOT glamorous!".

Ryan was able to go to our first appointment. We saw the tiny baby and heard the heartbeat. Amazing! Our family couldn't be more excited and neither could we. We have had SO many blessings this past year, and this just makes another one. When we went to Roswell mid-April, my mom, dad, brother and Ryan were all able to crowd in the sonogram room and hear the heartbeat again. It was awesome sharing that with my mom. My most recent visit to the doctor was last Thursday. Ryan had class and couldn't go... and he sure missed a lot! I saw our little olive flinging its arms around, like it was jogging... and then it turned over on its side. Amazing how at only 9 weeks you can see that. So week nine the baby is measuring about 1 inch and it the size of a medium green olive! We will be going to Roswell for Memorial Day weekend, so I will get another sonogram and the baby will about 12 weeks- can't wait to see how much he/she has grown! Our next "real" appointment will be mid-June. We probably won't be able to find out what it is until July or so- maybe even late June.

Well, we ask that you pray for us and a healthy pregnancy. We truly couldn't be more excited... I need to remind myself to stay excited even when my face is in the toilet, but heck that's a little hard.

1. NO, this wasn't a surprise, yet we weren't "trying". Whatever happened, happened.
2. YES, we want to find out if it's a HE or SHE.
3. Nope, you won't be getting the name out of us... it will be under lock and key until the baby arrives, so don't waste your breath asking what the name is! Ha.

We love you all.
Ryan & Sara

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Sara, this is wonderful! I have chills right now just reading it!!! I will absolutely pray for an uncomplicated pregnancy (an end to sickness soon too!), a smooth delivery, a comfortable Mama and a healthy, happy baby! The Lord has blessed you so richly with this, and I know you and Ryan are deserving of all of it. Can't wait to hear updates and to meet your new little one!!!!!
Love you-
Amy

ksalyards said...

Oh wow!!! Congratulations Miss Sarah!!! So happy for you both :) Come visit soon.

kristen

Hooker Family said...

YAY! Congrats! Being a parent is the best gift! And motherhood...wow, it is amazing! Keep us updated! and congratulations!

Unknown said...

WOW! Congrats! I love how you told him...Tech vs. Texas is a big thing in our home since I graduated from both. Reid is solid Tech, but graduated from Texas.

You will LOVE being a Mommy!

JamieZee said...

I am soooo excited! I gave Lucas the little Tech rocks outfit. So adorable. It will be Tech all the way if I have anything to do with it! Love you guys!

Auntie Jamie

Morgan said...

Congratulations, Sara! How exciting! I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and delivery! I also pray that your morning sickness passes soon--I was super sick with both babies, so I know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon.

And finally...is there any question?! Texas Tech all the way!