7.20.2009

20.5 weeks & I'm sleeping with a bar of Soap!!?


So, as you can tell I am growing by the second... thankfully only in my tummy (and yay for now actually having boobs!). Don't focus on the nastiness of my face... I just walked in the door from a long day at work. Anyways, I thought it would be easy to make myself take weekly pictures, then that didn't work (plus I wasn't growing much at the time), then I thought every other week would work- well, I am barely keeping up with that! I will do my best from here on out.

Great news- other than the fact that we have a healthy little boy coming... my barfing is starting to slowly fade away (I think). However, when one problem ends, another begins. I started getting Charlie Horse cramps in my calves. OUCH! I had them three nights/early mornings in a row until... I talked to my all-knowing father aka The Lip aka the Best Dad in the World. He told me that this will make NO sense, it is NOT medically tested/proven, BUT if you put a new bar of soap (out of the wrapper) under the fitted sheet at the foot of the bed, on your side, that the cramps will get better or go away. So, the first night I slept with my bar or soap, POOF, cramps gone! Second night, POOF, cramps gone! What the heck!? It's the most bizarre thing I've ever heard! He said he's read many articles about it and heard from patients that it works- so I decided to give it a whirl. Thanks Dad! Other than the cramps and barfing that have gone bye- bye for now, I can't complain. All is great.

I finally drug myself to Motherhood- ya know, the place with "stretchy pants"!? (I was thinking of Nacho Libre saying how he liked wearing "stretchy pants"- hehe) Well, I still just feel weird going in a place like that. I still feel like I am the youngest girl in there by about 10 years. Maybe one day I won't care what people think about me- hopefully. Well, I found a couple things to wear to work- I will make them last as long as possible. I'd rather spend my money on a sweet boy, than those darn stretchy pants.

Ben came to Austin for the weekend. We had a great time! Boy, I miss him. He's so funny. One of the first things he said to me was, "you're fat sister!". Gee, thanks Ben. =) Only coming from him does that not hurt my feelings. Lola never let Ben out of her sight and if he closed the door behind him, she sat at the door waiting for him. We enjoyed laying around, going to the pool and getting snow cones! I made Ben go with me Saturday and Sunday to get snow cones. Too bad they don't have pickle... I settled for Tiger's Blood w/ cream. I think that's what my mom used to get. It's so yummy. It's my first pregnant addiction. Actually it started on Friday after work. So, yes, I went 3 days in a row. Too bad there's not more than one location so the worker's don't think I am nuts. I need a punch card where every 10th one is free!

Ryan and I laugh daily at my ever growing belly. He's been so sweet and is loving every minute of it. It's great to see him so excited. Makes ya fall in love with the boy all over again. I'm so lucky that I found my Ryan. He's the best. He's going to be the best dad. I can't wait...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Sara! I love your blog...and your baby belly! I was making the rounds of blog stalking and saw yours through Jaci Johnsons. Congrats on having a baby boy. I can't wait to read about more of your pregnancy stories...and fantastic bar of soap tips!