10.15.2009

It's a BabyQ!

Some sweet friends of mine and my mom's threw me one heck of a baby shower in Roswell on 10.3.09. The theme was a "BabyQ" so we had baby back ribs, green chile chicken, shrimp, cheddar biscuits, tea, lemonade, cake... It was amazing to say the least. Talk about people "showering" us with gifts. Wow. There's a lot of people that seem to love us for some reason. I had a couple surprises: two of my co-workers from Lubbock drove in for the shower and surprised me and my cousin Jen and her husband Brad also showed up. I was completely taken off guard and was not expecting that. It was awesome and it meant the world to me that they came. The shower was held in my mom's great friend, Nita's backyard. What a pretty backyard she has. It was the perfect setting. It rained all morning that day, so we were worried that it would rain at the shower (which was at 5pm). BUT, the weather was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. The air was cool and there was a slight breeze... perfect weather for my mom. She was able to stay basically the entire shower and watched me open every single gift. As you will see in some of my pictures, my dad, brother, cousin and grandfather were all present at the shower. Yes, I know, showers aren't for boys, but I wanted them there with me. I loved having them there. I wish my sweet, hardworking husband was there, but has been working on wrapping up his education at UT.

We absolutely cannot wait for our baby boy to be here. We are ridiculously excited and look forward to his safe arrival. We are SO completely blessed by our friends and family, that "thank you" will never be enough. This baby boy doesn't have a clue how many people love him and cannot wait to meet him... and know his name of course! 7 more weeks...

We are off Cisco this weekend for yet another wonderful shower. Pictures of that madness to come...

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Wow! Now THAT is a baby shower! It looks like it was awesome!

Kayla said...

You made out like a bandit.. Can't wait to meet the little guy and teach him terrible things. Love you!

JamieZee said...

I wish I could have been there!